$995 – 48 Contact Hours
$50 Early Bird Rebate – Register 20 days before start dates
NEW: We now offer our foundation Power Package with PV201. By signing up for our PV201 5-day workshop, you get 60-day access to our online foundation class, PV201e at no additional charge.
PV201 is a 5-day workshop at our regional solar field lab in Austin Texas. A blend of classroom and instructor led labs along with the addition of sixty day access to our online PV201e course give you a foundation of understanding for any job in the solar industry.
See what our students have to say.
12 hours is dedicated to hands-on labs and includes constructing and commissioning a complete grid-tied PV system.
This course is based on the NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) Task Analysis and Learning Objectives. After completing PV201, participants are eligible to sit for NABCEP‘s Entry Level Exam.
Want to start PV201 today and train at your own pace? Consider PV201e online. Combine it with our one day, on-site PV201eLAB for the full classroom and lab experience, but available today and on your schedule.
Who is this class for?
No matter what your experience or background may be, you can use what you learn in PV201 to launch your career in the solar PV industry.
- Home Owners, Business Owners, and Facility Managers
- Contractors, Builders, and Remodelers
- Electricians and those skilled in electrical construction
- Engineers and Architects
- Entrepreneurs, Sales & Marketing professionals
- Everyone else who want to become solar industry professionals
Classroom Instruction Topics
- The Photovoltaic Industry and Solar Professional
- Basics of Electricity
- The Solar Resource
- Site Assessments
- Safety and Tools for the Solar Professional
- System Components and Configurations
- Cells, Modules, and Arrays
- Batteries and Charge Controllers
- Inverters: Types and Specifications
- System Sizing and Design
- Mechanical Integration
- Electrical Integration
- Utility Interconnection
- System Installation and Commissioning
- Performance and Troubleshooting
- Solar PV Module Lab: Crystalline Silicon, Amorphous Silicon, and Copper Indium Gallium Diselenide Modules (HelioVolt)
- Safety, Meters, and Tools
- Site Assessment with the Solar Pathfinder and the Solmetric SunEye
- Grid-Tied Solar PV Installation on Slanted Rooftop
- Off-Grid Battery-based PV System Installation, Ground-Mounted
About Our Instructors and Facility
ImagineSolar has trained thousands of individuals who have gone on to be an integral part of the solar industry. Our instructors teach best practices using the most current technologies and methods. Our course instruction is continuously updated with the latest equipment as the solar industry expands and evolves.
Included in Price
- Sixty-day access to PV201e, ImagineSolar’s online foundation course ($695 value)
- ImagineSolar Workbook
- All lab fees and free parking
- ImagineSolar Cap
Textbook: Photovoltaic Systems by Jim Dunlop, Published by American Technical Publishers: Purchase from Amazon
NABCEP Entry Level Exam
After completing this course, you will be eligible to sit for the NABCEP Entry Level Exam. You may take the exam with ImagineSolar or at any one of the many computer-based exam centers across the USA. Purchase the NABCEP Entry Level Exam.
Upcoming PV201 Course Schedule
|Sat – Wed Jun 15 – Jun 19||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Add to cart|
|Sat – Wed Aug 10 – Aug 14||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Add to cart|
|Sat – Wed Oct. 5 – Oct 9||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM||Add to cart|
Early Bird Rebate Incentive: A $50 rebate will be applied to those registrations completed 20 days before the event.
Doesn’t fit your schedule? Live outside of Austin? Start your training today with our online course PV201e.
No course dates above?Join Waiting List
"ImagineSolar instructors: Thanks for your hard work this week with our solar class. Each of you helped our local understand the benefits and importance of solar energy! You made it fun to learn PV! Your patience and upbeat attitude with each of us was very kind. Your love of teaching solar energy has an energy all its own! Whatever level we are able to work with PV we will always be grateful to our instructors at ImagineSolar for having introduced us to the PV industry. Your new friends, David C. Etter and all the Brothers from Local #20, I.B.E.W."–David Etter, Dallas, Texas
There was no time wasted. Every moment was spent on useful topics.–Christopher Langham